Para-rowers from the US and Canada raced 1000 meters down the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia, PA.
Capital Adaptive (CARP) had 9 rowers compete in 12 events and won 15 medals: 8 gold, 4 silver, 3 bronze. We medaled in every event we raced in. Every rower medaled at least once.
Official event names are below. Note: There is a new classification system in para-rowing: PR 1 (formerly known as AS: arms/shoulders), PR 2 (formerly known as TA: trunk/arms), and PR 3 (formerly know as LTA: legs/trunk/arms).
In event #1, Dammie raced in a single. He wore a headset and Leon from Capital Jr.s was in his own single, ahead of him, with a headset with a microphone, giving Dammie steering instructions. This has been a goal of Dammie’s for years and thanks to Leon and support of the club in allowing coaching hours, loaning us Leon, as well as the Skyes boat with which he raced, we were finally able to make it happen!
- 1 PR3 1x Mens Cat B – Dammie (guided by volunteer Leon from Capital jrs) 1st
- 1 PR3 1x Mens Cat B – Dan 2nd
- 5 PR3 1x Womens Cat A-F – Margaret 1st
- 6 PR3 1x Womens Cat G+ – Sarah 3rd
- 10 PR1 1x Mens Cat C-D – Shannon 1st
- 10 PR1 1x Mens Cat C-D – Joe (beat his time from last year by 30 seconds!) 3rd
- 15 PR2 1x Mens – Kenny 1st
- 17 PR3 2x Mens – Dammie and Dan 2nd
- 19 Composite PR3 2x Mens Cat G+ – Chuck rowing with volunteer: Thyra 2nd
- 21 PR3 2x Mixed – Margaret and Dan 3rd
- 22 Composite PR2 2x Mens – Sherman rowing with volunteer: Lena (first time Bayada participants!) 1st
- 23 Composite PR3 2x Mens Cat A-C – Dammie rowing with volunteer: Leon (from Capital jrs) 1st
- 25a PR3 4+ Mixed 4+ with Dan and Margaret seat 1st
- 25a PR3 4+ Mixed 4+ with Dammie 2nd
- 30 PR2 2x Mixed/Mens – Kenny and Shannon 1st
Here is a link to the official medal count: