Capital Juniors Summer Competitive Program provides DC-area rowers and coxswains with the complete competitive summer racing experience. The program’s goal is to instruct athletes in all aspects of rowing (sweep and sculling) and coxing in order to prepare them for high-stakes racing at the national level.
The Summer Competitive Program is not a recreational rowing camp. It is an intensive six-week training camp that culminates in participation at two regattas: Capital Sprints in Washington, DC, and Club Nationals in Camden, NJ. The Summer Competitive Program is ideal for high school rowers and coxswains who are dedicated to improving their rowing or coxing skills and to competing at a high level. Incoming 9th graders are welcome to join us.
Rowers and coxswains will receive over 90 hours of coached practice time in which they will refine their rowing and coxing skills. Athletes will train as a group five days each week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday), working toward individual and team goals throughout the duration of the camp. Starting the week of June 18, the program will transition to two-a-day practices (i.e., morning and evening).
Our staff of highly experienced coaches—led by Capital Juniors Coach Steve Neumann and Gonzaga College High School Coach Andy Bacas—will promote learning, teamwork, and competitiveness by providing athletes with dedicated instruction, holding athletes accountable to their development goals, and establishing an environment that recognizes teamwork, discipline, and mental toughness.
Fill out the program registration below, and email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Regular program registration closes April 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
- Late registration, between May 1, 2018 and May 26, 2018, will result in an increased program fee: $2,000.
- Scholarships will be awarded by April 22, 2018.
Practice Dates and Times
- First Practice: Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- Last Practice: Monday, July 9, 2018
- Practice Days and Times*: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 4:15-6:15 p.m and Saturday from 8:00-11:00 a.m.
*Two-a-day practices will start the week of Monday, June 18, and will include practices Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridayfrom 7:30-9:30 a.m.
- Capital Sprints Regatta: Saturday, July 7
- Club Nationals: Tuesday, July 10-Sunday, July 15