Thanks everyone for the great racing yesterday at Capital Sprints! We had a record number of entries (300!!) and clubs (24!!) participate this year, meaning for almost every event we had 5 or 6 boats across, racing down the Anacostia river.
Results have been posted here: http://www.capitalrowing.org/crcwp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Capital-Sprints-2017-all-results.pdf
If you have any questions, stories you’d like to share or photos from the day — please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Regatta Director via email email@example.com
See you this fall for Head of the Anacostia and next year at CapSprints 2018!
Get excited for some fun racing this weekend!
More Info: Capital Sprints
We are still looking for volunteers, so even if you aren’t a rower or a member of the club, but just interested in volunteering — get involved! You can sign up for the various volunteer positions here:
These are volunteers positions on land, including set-ups, selling merchandising, directing parking traffic, etc.
These are volunteers positions on the water, including launch drivers, stake boat holders, dock master, launch and recover assistants, etc.
See you Saturday!
Have you ever wanted to learn more about rowing? Come down to Capital Rowing Club for National Learn to Row Day on June 3 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.
We’ll teach you the basics of rowing, offer a boathouse tour and get you out on the river! Bring your friends and family and come on down and see what rowing is all about!
Date: June 3rd
Time: 11am – 3pm
Location: Anacostia Community Boathouse, 1900 M Street SE, Washington, DC
Learn rowing at Capital Rowing Club in a free one week summer camp! No previous experience is needed. The camp will run for a half-day Monday – Friday, with the option of doing additional weeks during the summer. You can sign up for any of the weeks.
- Week 1: Monday June 19 – Friday June 23
- Week 2: Monday July 10 – Friday July 14
- Week 3: Monday July 17 – Friday July 21
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Ages: Rising 7th grader or 12 years old – 16 years old
- Cost: Free
- Students and parents are asked to provide a short response about why they want to learn to row (application link is below).
- Students will have to inform us about their swimming proficiency. If your child does not know how to swim, they will be required to wear a personal floatation device (life vest) in the boat while learning to row.
Applications are now closed.
Deadline to apply: May 26th, 2017
Notification of camp assignment: May 30th, 2017
The 2017 Season of Learn to Row is about to begin!
Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29.
Capital Rowing Club offers an introduction to the sport of rowing for individuals in the Washington, DC area. Each session includes 10 classes, held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays (unless otherwise noted) at the Anacostia Community Boathouse. The course introduces the basics of rowing — such as language and handling equipment, to performing rowing drills and rowing all eight. The classes are taught by experienced coaches and volunteers.
No previous experience is needed. Each class is limited to 28 students, which allows for personal interaction with coaches, volunteers and other novices. Once novices graduate, they are invited to become club members and get more involved with Capital and their new sport!
Click this link to register.
Fee: $325 for ten 3-hour classes.
There’s still time to sign up for future classes, too.
- Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29
- Session II: May 13, 14, 20, 21, June 3, 10, 11, 18, 24, 25
- Session III: July 1, 2, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, August 5
- Session IV: August 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, September 9, 10, 16, 17
- Session V: September 30, October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQs and/or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.