Para-rowers from the US and Canada raced 1000 meters down the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia, PA.
Capital Adaptive (CARP) had 9 rowers compete in 12 events and won 15 medals: 8 gold, 4 silver, 3 bronze. We medaled in every event we raced in. Every rower medaled at least once.
Official event names are below. Note: There is a new classification system in para-rowing: PR 1 (formerly known as AS: arms/shoulders), PR 2 (formerly known as TA: trunk/arms), and PR 3 (formerly know as LTA: legs/trunk/arms).
In event #1, Dammie raced in a single. He wore a headset and Leon from Capital Jr.s was in his own single, ahead of him, with a headset with a microphone, giving Dammie steering instructions. This has been a goal of Dammie’s for years and thanks to Leon and support of the club in allowing coaching hours, loaning us Leon, as well as the Skyes boat with which he raced, we were finally able to make it happen!
- 1 PR3 1x Mens Cat B – Dammie (guided by volunteer Leon from Capital jrs) 1st
- 1 PR3 1x Mens Cat B – Dan 2nd
- 5 PR3 1x Womens Cat A-F – Margaret 1st
- 6 PR3 1x Womens Cat G+ – Sarah 3rd
- 10 PR1 1x Mens Cat C-D – Shannon 1st
- 10 PR1 1x Mens Cat C-D – Joe (beat his time from last year by 30 seconds!) 3rd
- 15 PR2 1x Mens – Kenny 1st
- 17 PR3 2x Mens – Dammie and Dan 2nd
- 19 Composite PR3 2x Mens Cat G+ – Chuck rowing with volunteer: Thyra 2nd
- 21 PR3 2x Mixed – Margaret and Dan 3rd
- 22 Composite PR2 2x Mens – Sherman rowing with volunteer: Lena (first time Bayada participants!) 1st
- 23 Composite PR3 2x Mens Cat A-C – Dammie rowing with volunteer: Leon (from Capital jrs) 1st
- 25a PR3 4+ Mixed 4+ with Dan and Margaret seat 1st
- 25a PR3 4+ Mixed 4+ with Dammie 2nd
- 30 PR2 2x Mixed/Mens – Kenny and Shannon 1st
Here is a link to the official medal count:
Thank you Capital for the notes and messages of encouragement this weekend! A massive shout-out again to Club PM for helping unload the trailer upon our return to the boathouse! And again, can’t thank all our volunteers from club Capital, JUNIORS, and the community at large for all the support- we can’t do it without you!
Go Capital, go CARP!
Capital Rowing Club always looks forward to the Diamond State Masters Regatta — beautiful course, great hosts, and good competition. This year, like many before it, Capital showed up in force, which allowed us to bring home the Sweep Trophy.
Some of the Capital Racing highlights:
- 04A. Womens’s D-J 2X – 1st
- 06B. Women’s E-J 1X – 3rd (A. Diggs)
- 19D. Mixed D-E 2X – 2nd
- 20B. Men’s AA-B 1X – 2nd (R. Best)
- 27A. Women’s C-D 1X – LTW – 2nd (R. Hollins) & 3rd (S. Acerra)
- 37A. Men’s E-J 4+ – 1st
- 37C. Men’s E-J 4+ – 2nd
- 40A. Women’s B 4+ – 2nd & 3rd
- 40B. Women’s B 4+ – 1st
- 41A. Mixed D-J 8+ – 1st
- 42. Women’s AA-J 4+ -LTW – 3rd
- 43A. Mixed AA-J 4X – 10:13AM – 3rd
- 44A. Men’s B 4+ – 10:27AM – 3rd
- 45A. Women’s AA-A 4+ – 2nd & 3rd
- 45B. Women’s AA-A 4+ – 3rd & 4th
- 46A. Women’s C 8+ – 3rd
- 46B. Women’s C 8+ – 1st
- 56A. Women’s D 4+ – 3rd
- 57A. Mixed AA-C 8+ – 2nd & 5th
- 57B. Mixed AA-C 8+ – 2nd & 3rd
- 60A. Women’s C 4+ – 1st
- 60B. Women’s C 4+ – 1st
- 61B. Men’s E-J 8+ – 1st
- 64A. Women’s AA-B 8+ – 1st & 2nd
- 64B. Women’s AA-B 8+ – 1st
Check out the official results on Ronin and some of the great photos available on row2k.
Thanks everyone for the great racing yesterday at Capital Sprints! We had a record number of entries (300!!) and clubs (24!!) participate this year, meaning for almost every event we had 5 or 6 boats across, racing down the Anacostia river.
Results have been posted here: http://www.capitalrowing.org/crcwp/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Capital-Sprints-2017-all-results.pdf
If you have any questions, stories you’d like to share or photos from the day — please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Regatta Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org
See you this fall for Head of the Anacostia and next year at CapSprints 2018!