The 2017 Season of Learn to Row is about to begin!
Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29.
Capital Rowing Club offers an introduction to the sport of rowing for individuals in the Washington, DC area. Each session includes 10 classes, held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays (unless otherwise noted) at the Anacostia Community Boathouse. The course introduces the basics of rowing — such as language and handling equipment, to performing rowing drills and rowing all eight. The classes are taught by experienced coaches and volunteers.
No previous experience is needed. Each class is limited to 28 students, which allows for personal interaction with coaches, volunteers and other novices. Once novices graduate, they are invited to become club members and get more involved with Capital and their new sport!
Click this link to register.
Fee: $325 for ten 3-hour classes.
There’s still time to sign up for future classes, too.
- Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29
- Session II: May 13, 14, 20, 21, June 3, 10, 11, 18, 24, 25
- Session III: July 1, 2, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, August 5
- Session IV: August 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, September 9, 10, 16, 17
- Session V: September 30, October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQs and/or email: email@example.com.
Erg Room Schedule
Capital Rowing Club programs
Times are regulated by ACBA and are subject to change.
|MONDAYS||4:30PM – 6:00PM Capital Juniors
6:00PM – 7:30PM CARP
7:30PM – 9:00PM Club Sweep
|TUESDAYS||5:00AM – 6:00AM Comp Sweep
4:30PM – 6:00PM Capital Juniors
|WEDNESDAYS||6:00AM – 7:00AM Comp Sculling
6:00PM – 7:30PM CARP & Club Sculling
7:30 – 9:00PM Club Sweep
|THURSDAYS||6:00AM – 7:00AM Comp Sweep
4:30PM – 6:00PM Capital Juniors
|FRIDAYS||4:30PM – 6:00PM Capital Juniors
|SATURDAYS||10:00AM – 11:00AM CARP
11:00AM – 12:00PM CARP
12:00PM – 1:30PM Club Sweep
1:45PM – 3:15PM Club Sweep
3:30PM – 5:00PM Learn to Row
|SUNDAYS||3:30PM – 5:00PM Learn to Row|
Winter Program Guidelines for ACBA Clubhouse
ACBA fully supports the use of the boathouse during the winter months for organized group training sessions. But it is assumed all members will take responsibility for keeping the space clean, and properly securing and closing down the site after usage. The boathouse should NOT be used for individual workouts, only organized trainings or meetings supervised by a coach or team representative.
- Always lock all doors and gates after your training session.
- Turn off all lights.
- Turn off all fans.
- Turn off all heaters. Once the room is heated you can turn them off and save electricity.
- Unless the outside temperature drops significantly, the heaters in the bathrooms should always be off. There is no need to turn the heaters on inside the bathrooms for normal daily usage.
- Clean up after your workout, and leave the room ready for the next group.
- Take out trash and recyclables regularly and never leave any food on site.
- If you find something broken, please report it immediately. If you find lights on or doors unlocked, please report that too. With fewer members on site daily, we need everyone to take responsibility for reporting problems or improper use of the facility so the issues can be addressed quickly.
2016 Capital Rowing Club Elected OfficialsPresident — Nhat Nguyen (2 year term, entering 2nd year)VP of Resources — Rob Nance (2 year term, entering 1st year)VP of Operations — Gretchen AbellVP of Membership — Toni KernsSocial Director — Rachel PoorSecretary — Kirsten Peterson
Directors at Large:Alison LenzGeorgia BullenGrant KrausMeredith Somers
Program Reps:CARP — Shannon FranksClub AM — Katelyn PolantzClub PM — Sarah MontgomeryClub Sculling — Geoff BrownComp Sculling — Karen WerthComp Men — Brett RiniComp Women — Sarah GrossSAW (co-reps) — Jim Smailes & Susie Allen Serpinski