Learn rowing at Capital Rowing Club in a free one week summer camp! No previous experience is needed. The camp will run for a half-day Monday – Friday, with the option of doing additional weeks during the summer. You can sign up for any of the weeks.
- Week 1: Monday June 19 – Friday June 23
- Week 2: Monday July 10 – Friday July 14
- Week 3: Monday July 17 – Friday July 21
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Ages: Rising 7th grader or 12 years old – 16 years old
- Cost: Free
- Students and parents are asked to provide a short response about why they want to learn to row (application link is below).
- Students will have to inform us about their swimming proficiency. If your child does not know how to swim, they will be required to wear a personal floatation device (life vest) in the boat while learning to row.
Applications are now closed.
Deadline to apply: May 26th, 2017
Notification of camp assignment: May 30th, 2017
The 2017 Season of Learn to Row is about to begin!
Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29.
Capital Rowing Club offers an introduction to the sport of rowing for individuals in the Washington, DC area. Each session includes 10 classes, held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays (unless otherwise noted) at the Anacostia Community Boathouse. The course introduces the basics of rowing — such as language and handling equipment, to performing rowing drills and rowing all eight. The classes are taught by experienced coaches and volunteers.
No previous experience is needed. Each class is limited to 28 students, which allows for personal interaction with coaches, volunteers and other novices. Once novices graduate, they are invited to become club members and get more involved with Capital and their new sport!
Click this link to register.
Fee: $325 for ten 3-hour classes.
There’s still time to sign up for future classes, too.
- Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29
- Session II: May 13, 14, 20, 21, June 3, 10, 11, 18, 24, 25
- Session III: July 1, 2, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, August 5
- Session IV: August 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, September 9, 10, 16, 17
- Session V: September 30, October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQs and/or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indoor learn to row/erg offers an introduction to the sport of rowing. Each session, which includes 8 classes on Saturdays and Sundays at the Anacostia Community Boathouse, introduces the basics of rowing on an ergometer. Learn to Row Indoors provides rowing instruction for new rowers. This class primarily uses indoor rowing machines, and does not include ‘on the water’ rowing. Graduates will be welcomed to join ‘on the water’ groups spring 2017.
No previous experience is needed. Each class is limited to 17 students, which allows for personal interaction with coaches, volunteers and other novices. Once novices graduate, they are invited to become club members and get more involved with Capital and their new sport!
- Eight 90-minute sessions. Saturday and Sundays
- Saturday Class starts at 2:00 PM and Sunday starts at 2:35 PM
- Session I runs from Jan 28 – Feb 19
- Session II runs from Feb 25 -Mar 19.
To Sign up for Session I or II click HERE
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Have fun while Getting Fit!
Rowing offers a total body, low impact workout unequaled by any other sport. Unlike most activities, rowing incorporates the use of your legs, core and upper body. Rowers face backward in the boat and combine the power of leverage and precise timing to propel the boat through the water.
Capital Rowing Club’s Learn to Row Class
Designed for the beginner, this popular class will teach you the basics of sweep rowing (one oar per person in boats of either 4 or 8 rowers). Upon class completion, participants are eligible to join Capital Rowing Club.
Teamwork is Everything!
Capital Rowing Club membership gives you a unique experience. We are one big team, supporting each other while we work toward our personal and boathouse goals, with a big helping of fun! Once on board take advantage of all the benefits – Rowing, Strength Training, Social Events, Racing
- $315 for 30 hours of lessons
- Class Dates (Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am- Noon) at the Anacostia Community Boat House
- Session IV: July 31, August 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28, September 3
- Session V: September 4, 10, 17, 18, October 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16