Learn to Row at Capital Rowing Club! Over 10 classes, you’ll learn the basics of the stroke, enjoy challenging workouts, and begin to row in the boat together with your crew!
Graduates from Learn to Row have moved on to become members of our other sweep and sculling programs.
Register now! Session 1 begins on April 7, but you can sign up for any one of our 5 sessions that take place throughout the year!
Join Capital Rowing Club as we kick off the rowing season and celebrate 10 years of the Capital Adaptive Rowing Program (CARP)!
When: Friday, March 15, 6–9pm
Where: Agua 301, 301 Water St SE, Washington, DC 20003
Whether you currently row with one (or more) of our programs, are a former Capital rower, or you are interested in learning more about joining our club, you’re invited. This is a great opportunity to catch up with your teammates after a winter off the water or to talk with current members to learn how Capital is a good fit for you.
We will have a private area reserved for our group in the back of the restaurant.
The 2019 Juniors Ergathon will take place on Saturday, February 23, at BASIS DC Charter School, 410 8th Street NW.
Registration starts at 9:30 am, followed by relays from 10 to noon.
The annual Ergathon, where the team collectively will row 250,000 meters, helps raise money to ensure that more DC-area students have the chance to experience rowing and to make their own memories on the water.
Help support the Capital Juniors by donating, joining a relay team, or volunteering at the event!
Start the new year by finding a new passion—and a great workout—at Capital Rowing Club’s Winter Indoor Learn to Row program!
Each session, which includes eight 90-minute classes on Saturdays and Sundays at the Anacostia Community Boathouse, introduces the basics of erging and the rowing technique.
- Fee: $150 for eight 90-minute classes
- Time: Saturday and Sunday, 1:00–2:30 pm
- Session I class dates are January 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, and 27
- Session II class dates are February 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, and 24
- Location: Anacostia Community Boathouse
Click this link to register!
Windy conditions didn’t stop Capital members and alumni from enjoying the 54th Head of the Charles on Saturday and Sunday, October 20–21, 2018!
- Men’s Veteran 1x—57th (M. Malinick)
- Women’s Grand Master 1x—15th (R. Hollins)
- Men’s Senior Master 4+—33rd (as Friends of Andover: C. Sweeney, R. Stedman, D. Lavin, D. Lippold, cox: S. McKay)
- Men’s Senior Master 2x—5th (as Chinook: M. Nash and R. Reichart)
- Women’s Senior Master 1x—22nd (S. Acerra)
- Women’s Club 4+—33rd (as Friends of Andover: A. Sweeny, M. toms, J. Vocaturo, K. Bidwell, c: K. Cheney); 38th (K. Guiliano, M. McMenamin, T. Kerns, B. Neumann, cox: S. Montgomery)
- Men’s Master 4+— 12th (L. Wilson, M. Neumann, M. Riegelman, S. Neumann, cox: R. Lopez)
- Women’s Master 4+—22nd (as Friends of Andover: A. Connolly, K. O’Connell, J. Ross, L. Smith, cox: R. Rubin)
- Women’s Master 8+—10th (J. Battistini, C. Elias, C. Fratzke, A. Lenz, A. Potter, J. Perkins, J. Ney, S. Dunham, cox: G. Abell)
- Mixed Inclusion 2x—10th (as Athletes without Limits: M. Constandy and A. Waiters)
- Directors’ Challenge Women’s 4x—15th (as Beat Cancer Boat Club: M. Nielsen, P. Meyer, S. Gross, S. Acerra)
- Directors’ Challenge Mixed 8+—6th (as Beat Cancer Boat Club: B. Tryon, S. Stitt, G. Kaplan, M. Sivigny, K. O’Connell, S. Kaplan, O. Huxley, M. Nielsen, cox: P. Besteman)