As if the opportunity to see the bottom half of your teammate’s face was not exciting enough, we have even more good news for you. Learn to Row is back for 2021! Sign up now for one of our Learn to Sweep sessions or Learn to Scull. Please contact us if you have any questions and review our COVID guidelines to see how we’re staying safe this summer. We look forward to meeting you!
Getting out of our houses and back on the water in team boats has us all jumping for joy. We’re not 100% out of the water yet (pun intended), so let’s please review the updated COVID safety protocols and continue the excellent work we have all done to keep everyone safe and healthy. Please continue to send Anne Diggs your COVID vaccination card photos. This is voluntary – but we’re currently at 65%. Thank you to the entire ACBA community (and science) for pulling us through!
US Rowing has a new waiver for 2021 that must be signed before your participation this year. The updated waiver includes coverage of COVID risk. You will not need to renew US Rowing membership to sign the waiver unless you were already due to renew.
To sign the new waiver, go to https://membership.usrowing.
How were these 2 (and 198 others) able to experience a glorious row this fall? We’re glad you asked. Capital was able to offer a thriving sculling program thanks in no small part to the overwhelming generosity of personal owners who lent their sculls to the cause.
Please join us in thanking these brave and generous souls who saved the season:
- Vic Martin
- Andy Rabus
- Brian McMahon
- Bob Reichart
- Fana Gebeyehu-Houston
- Craig McKay
- Eric Wolff
- Rich Fitzgerald
- Nancy Kellner
- Anne Diggs
- Kelley O’Connell
- Kate Bonner
- Stephanie Acerra
The ACBA Reopen Committee has authorized moving to Phase 2 as of Saturday, June 27th in accordance with Phase 2 guidance from DC regarding gym usage.
Please review the updated ACBA Rules and Requirements. Boathouse users are doing a good job of following land traffic patterns -thank you! Please remember to lock the parking lot gate and your car and be mindful of congregating around the bay doors.
- NEW: Erg room open! Maximum 4 indoor users simultaneously, with 12-foot distance between ergs. No fans in the erg room. Outdoor usage by fence -between middle ramp and flagpole. Masks highly encouraged.
- NEW: Coached programs in session (see schedule for start dates).
- Programs will be spaced out so as to not overcrowd the boathouse and maintain physical distancing.
- Coach programs are limited to groups of 12, including the coach.
- Allow a maximum of 25 individual use boat reservations simultaneously.
- Independent sculling and private boat use will still require reservations in iCrew and reservations will continue to be limited.
- Double partners must be living in the same household.
- No Locker Rooms.
There’s still a lot going on. Please review the new ACBA Rules and Requirements and CRC Reopening FAQs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and information. Stay well, friends.