Learn rowing at Capital Rowing Club in a free one week summer camp! No previous experience is needed. The camp will run for a half-day Monday – Friday, with the option of doing additional weeks during the summer. You can sign up for any of the weeks.
- Week 1: Monday June 19 – Friday June 23
- Week 2: Monday July 10 – Friday July 14
- Week 3: Monday July 17 – Friday July 21
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Ages: Rising 7th grader or 12 years old – 16 years old
- Cost: Free
- Students and parents are asked to provide a short response about why they want to learn to row (application link is below).
- Students will have to inform us about their swimming proficiency. If your child does not know how to swim, they will be required to wear a personal floatation device (life vest) in the boat while learning to row.
Applications are now closed.
Deadline to apply: May 26th, 2017
Notification of camp assignment: May 30th, 2017
Capital Juniors had their first regatta of the season on April 8th. The tough conditions proved to be challenging for the Capital Juniors Varsity, but brought out a strong showing from the Capital Juniors Novice. Each event ran in multiple heats without progression to a final.
|Women’s Novice 4+||2 entries, 4 of 4, 3 of 3|
|Men’s 4+||4 of 4|
|Women’s 8+||4 of 4|
|Men’s Novice 4+ (pictured above)||1 of 4|
|Women’s Novice 8+ (pictured above)||1 of 5|
|Men’s 2x||3 of 5|
|Women’s 2x||2 entries, both 2 of 4|
|Women’s 4+||2 entries, both 4 of 5|
|Mixed 8+||3 of 3|
- April 30th – The Cooper Cup
- May 7th – Baltimore Invitational
- May 13th-14th – Mid-Atlantic Youth Championships
Ready All, Row! is a year-long fundraising campaign designed to show that our commitment to excellence in rowing goes beyond solid technique on the water and extends to how we care for and maintain our fleet.
The board demonstrated its commitment to excellence by purchasing 4 boats this spring to benefit every program directly. These recent purchases were made with no financing, no fundraising and without dipping into reserves. While the Club was fortunate to have the funds to make such a large purchase this year, we recognize we cannot assume this will be the case every year.
The board would like to continue these efforts and is committed to maintaining a regular boat replacement schedule, providing dependable equipment for every program practice and ensuring the club has a reliable truck and trailer available for transporting our boats and equipment. That is why, the board is asking you to help us carry these commitments into 2018 and beyond by contributing to meeting our $50,000 fundraising goal between March 2017 and February 2018.
We hope all of you share the board’s commitment to excellence both on and off the water. Gifts of all sizes, both great and small, are truly appreciated and will combine together to make us all ready to row!
The 2017 Season of Learn to Row is about to begin!
Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29.
Capital Rowing Club offers an introduction to the sport of rowing for individuals in the Washington, DC area. Each session includes 10 classes, held from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays (unless otherwise noted) at the Anacostia Community Boathouse. The course introduces the basics of rowing — such as language and handling equipment, to performing rowing drills and rowing all eight. The classes are taught by experienced coaches and volunteers.
No previous experience is needed. Each class is limited to 28 students, which allows for personal interaction with coaches, volunteers and other novices. Once novices graduate, they are invited to become club members and get more involved with Capital and their new sport!
Click this link to register.
Fee: $325 for ten 3-hour classes.
There’s still time to sign up for future classes, too.
- Session I: March 25, 26, April 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29
- Session II: May 13, 14, 20, 21, June 3, 10, 11, 18, 24, 25
- Session III: July 1, 2, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, August 5
- Session IV: August 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27, September 9, 10, 16, 17
- Session V: September 30, October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQs and/or email: email@example.com.